Latest Town News:
SCOTIA WATER SYSTEM IMPACTS
In June and July 2015 there were repeated Non-Storm Water discharges from an adjacent ownership onto the Eel River gravel bar, upstream from where the Town of Scotia Drinking Water System takes in its raw water. As a consequence, our water intake included concentrations of Lignin, Tannins, Iron, and Manganese much higher than that in normal Eel River water. These conditions caused disruption to the town’s drinking water supply and distribution process.
Town of Scotia Company issued, posted and delivered to all Scotia residents and businesses regular notices and updates on the process and our efforts undertaken to address and cure these disruptions. (see links below)
After cleaning, flushing and testing the water system components throughout town, we have brought the conditions under reasonable control and are currently implementing a long term flushing program. Occasional, follow-on distribution system issues are being timely addressed as they arise. In the event you experience a water issue, please contact Tara at (707) 764-4236.
At the links below, those Notices, Updates and Water Sample Test Results are all available for public review.
- July 16, 2015 Notice to Water Users
- July 23, 2015 Notice to Water Users
- August 6, 2015 Water Quality Testing Analysis
- August 6, 2015 Notice of Water System Cleaning
- Water Test Results Table 1, Table 2, and Table 4, by SHN Consulting Engineers and Geologists for Town of Scotia (map below)
- Figure 1 Sampling Location Map
- July 23, 24, etc 2015 Water Test Results Tables 1-4 by Antea Group on behalf of Humboldt Redwood Company (map below)
- Figure 1 Sampling Location Map, by Antea Group
- August 3, 2015 Retest Sample Results Table 3
ANNUAL CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORTS
MOUNTAIN LION SIGHTINGS IN SOUTH SCOTIA & MILL LOCATIONS.
Scotia Community Governance News
Scotia Inn News
Scotia Pool Schedule - Contact Scotia School @ 764-2212 for the latest schedule.
Winema Theater News
Neighborhood Watch Program (Incident Report Form)